The current NuxGame Editorial will be entirely dedicated to the development of the gambling website. Depending on the type of content that you provide, the jurisdiction of operation, and target audience preferences, your site can be drastically different. Also, your strategy should differ depending on the products that will be available. If you are developing an online casino, it will be one thing, but if you are creating a sports betting website or a multi-product brand that includes both casino and betting, a completely different approach is required. In any case, knowledge of how to make a gambling website will not be superfluous.
In the present guide, we will try to reflect on every stage of the development process to create gambling website and try to make an accent on some major features that should be taken into account when you are starting a gambling business.
A Guide on How to Create a Gambling Website
When you are developing your own website for gambling business, there are actually several ways you can do it:
- assemble an in-house team for developing the website from scratch;
- delegate the development and design duties to a third-party company;
- order a website that is based on a professional platform from a B2B iGaming company.
Below is a brief but informative manual on how to make a gambling site. Study it to have a basic understanding of how and how to develop such a website. Right now we will talk about each separate case to see the pros and cons of each approach.
When you are developing a gambling website from scratch, you get the most control over the process of development. However, this approach is also the most time-consuming and the most expensive of all listed here.
- First of all, it is needed to find a team lead who knows how to build a gambling website because the back-office of the site has a very specific architecture. Also, the website should be compatible with various third-party software like payment systems, gaming content, etc.
- An in-house solution is recommended only if you have a hefty budget and plenty of time for development.
- If you wonder how to start a gambling website with your own team, unfortunately, the answer is not encouraging - the whole process may take 12-18 months before the website will be deployed. This means that it won’t be easy to reach a break-even point once the project cost will also include development costs.
In most cases, in-house development does not live up to the invested effort.
In terms of price, this approach is somewhere in the middle.
- When working with a contractor, you can make an agreement on terms of deployment.
- Also, you can understand the price of development which allows planning your expenses on a global scale.
- However, it is the ideal model that will work only if the contractor company is able to deploy the product timely.
- In reality, the deadlines are frequently pushed back when we are talking about projects of such scale and complexity.
Now you know how to make your own gambling website with an outsourced team. But this method can bode ill for you if the freelancers will not stick to the criteria of the tasks and deadlines.
A turnkey solution is one of the most favorable to make a gambling website. In this case, you don’t have to provide even a single line of code because you are actually renting professional software. Such solutions are normally provided by gambling aggregator companies that are ready to deliver a ready-to-launch website that will already feature gaming content and integrated payments systems of your choice. Turnkey package is the most convenient solution for those who want to create a gambling website. You, in turn, will only have to take care of the marketing of your brand.
This solution is very popular among iGaming operators for a number of reasons.
- First of all, a turnkey casino/sportsbook is the most time and resource-saving of all listed above.
- Secondly, most such websites are really worth their money since they are developed by professionals.
- Also, any of such aggregator companies are able to improve the quality of their platform using the performance indicators provided by their clients’ websites. It means that the platform-based website will probably receive regular updates without any additional penalty from the provider company.
In separate cases, the ready-to-use casino can be deployed as fast as 48 hours. For instance, NuxGame is ready to offer the deployment of the most basic template-based turnkey website in just two days. Of course, a multi-product website with a more complex configuration will take a little longer to make, and, still, you will no longer wonder how to make a gambling website. Specialists will take care of your project and help in its technical support for as long as you need.
Choice of Content for a Gambling Website
It is not enough just create online gambling website, almost a key role of this complex process is allocated to filling the content of your future platform. There are two basic types of content in the iGaming business - games for online casinos and odds for a sportsbook. Right now, we will find out how to integrate games into your gaming section and how to integrate sports events.
- Let’s start with casino games. As you probably know, the major types of games in an online casino are slot games, table games like roulette and blackjack, live games that are played with a real dealer, lotto, scratchcards, etc. Those games are provided by multiple developers, and it is a rare thing when a casino brand works with those gaming companies directly. In the majority of cases, the games are marketed with the help of third-party aggregators. So it can be really practical and time-saving to order an all-in-one solution from a provider. You can easily order a fully-functional gambling website with games that are already integrated.
- When we are talking about starting a brand-new sportsbook, you will need an odds engine to provide pre-match and live bets for your players. Depending on the region of operation, the odd format may be different, so first of all, you need to make sure that your sportsbook format will fit in the local market of operation.
Payment Systems Integration
If you are faced with the question of how to create a gambling site, the integration of payment systems is also an important part of the process. Quite frequently, the potential players give preference to the iGaming brands that feature methods that they already use. That’s why it is essential to include all popular ones to increase the number of registrations and bets made. The payment systems can be integrated with the help of iGaming B2B companies as well.
We hope that now you have some idea of how to start an online gambling site from scratch. As you see, there are a couple of ways you can build a website of your own. Still, most of those approaches will cost you a dime and require a lot of waiting before the operational website will be finished.
Nevertheless, if you decide to order a Turnkey solution by NuxGame, you will be able to accelerate the process hundreds of times. One of the most convincing arguments in favor of a Turnkey solution is that you will be able to start with a small fraction of the budget that is required for in-house development. Apart from it, the initial investment required for the official starting a gambling website could be returned pretty fast after the launch of the brand.
In case you are interested in any of NuxGame's solutions, you are welcome to contact us via live chat, and we will help you start a gambling website, while spending your money in the most efficient way, and we will tell you more about our iGaming solutions and products.