Virtual sports have become popular over the past few years and create new opportunities for sportsbooks and bettors worldwide. Unlike regular sports betting and eSports, virtual sports rely on computer-generated algorithms. They belong somewhere between sports betting and casino games and offer visual recreations of popular sports events. Virtual sports follow the rules close to the real-life sport rules, and all the events are 100% random, modeled with the help of certified and well-tested RNGs (random number generators).
Most sportsbooks offer virtual sports that feature premium graphics that are close to what you'll find in modern game consoles. On the market, you'll find many virtual sports types, including soccer (football), dog and horse racing, basketball, tennis, motorsports, hockey, and many more. Players can also find virtual sports based on real-life tournaments, such as the Euro, World Cup, Olympics, Premier League, etc. Virtual sports attempt to emulate each aspect of the real-life event, and, at the same time, virtual sports games have a reasonable house edge just like slots, table games, and other casino products.
Popular Virtual Sports Developers
There are several virtual sports providers with impressive libraries that feature popular events like football, basketball, and racing. Others focus on a specific sport type and popular tournaments of the particular game. The top virtual sports should have top-quality graphics, localized automated commentary, customizable interface, colors, and branding. Multi-lingual support, multi-currency betting, and cross-platform compatibility are also essential. Here are some popular developers that provide games to many online sportsbooks and casinos.
- Golden Race
- 1x2 Network
- Jackpot Software
- Kiron Interactive
- Global Bet
While surfing through online casinos, you’ll find many other virtual sports developers and new providers that have entered the booming market just recently. However, not all of them can be reliable. Players should stick to reputable licensed sportsbooks and casinos if they want to be completely confident in the games that they play. Reliable, well-known providers also guarantee fair results and a decent house edge percentage. Also, you will be able to take advantage of network bonuses, and the games are fully optimized for mobile and desktop devices. Below is an overview of four reputable and renowned virtual sports developers.
About Golden Race
Golden Race is an award-winning developer of virtual games and one of the leading B2B suppliers. The developer provides games to both land-based and online operators and is known for its reliable, cost-effective solutions. Golden Race offers 3D football action, real fighting, horse races, HD basketball, pre-recorded races, and numbers games like Spin2Win and Mega 6. Here’s an overview of their top products:
- Football Leagues – Golden Race offers a series of football matches with 20 fictional teams and 38 match schedules.
- Competitions – You'll find tournaments organized into eight groups with four teams participating in each of them. Notable examples include the Euro Champions and Libertadores.
- Horse and Greyhound Racing – Golden Race has exciting horse and greyhound races featuring exemplary 3D graphics. Also, the greyhound matches are delivered in live-action video format instead of 3D animations.
- Speed Racing – This category includes Speedway (live-action video format motorcycle speedway races) and Motorbike, which offers a series of bike races.
1x2 Network Overview
Founded back in 2002, 1X2 Network has grown into one of the most prominent developers of virtual sports games. The UK-based company also provides casino games and general fixed odds across popular sports markets worldwide. The provider recently secured its Greece Supplier License, adding to its many licenses as a global game developer. Below are some popular virtual sports products by 1X2 Network you need to know about:
- Virtual Champions – This game is based on the Champions League and involves 32 teams in 8 groups and all the usual betting markets.
- Virtual Football Pro – As one of the most exciting games in the market, Virtual Football Pro provides 162 different leagues across 146 countries.
- Virtual Europa League – As the name suggests, this game is based on the secondary European competition and offers a tournament every hour from week 1 to the final day of the real-life event.
- Virtual World Cup – This game offers a comprehensive betting experience with 32 teams, 247 different combinations, complete with Asian handicaps, correct score bets, and the usual markets.
Also, you’ll probably enjoy other virtual sports games from 1X2 Network, including Virtual Soccer, Virtual Euro Legends, and Virtual Euros.
Jackpot Software Features
Jackpot Software headquarters are situated in Georgia, Atlanta. The company specializes in providing real money casino games, including some fine virtual sports titles. The developer isn't as famous as others in this list and mainly serves casinos in the USA and Latin America. However, Jackpot Software has impressive slot machines, table games, and lucky numbers games that can impress even experienced players. Here's a look at the top virtual sports options from the provider:
- V Football League – This game offers bets on virtual games based on popular European football leagues. The tournament is organized as a 20-team league where some of Europe’s finest teams can play one against another.
- Horse Racing – As the name suggests, this game recreates horse racing and comes with high-quality streaming and a sleek betting dashboard.
- V Football – In this game, you can bet on random European club matches that are available 24/7.
Kiron is, without doubt, one of the leading providers of virtual sports software and has a vast library that features football, racing, skating, table tennis, badminton, and other game. The company focuses on developing innovative skill-based and virtual games and has nearly two decades of industry experience. Popular virtual sports from Kiron include:
- Fast League Football – An exciting virtual football game offering single matches and a league format, so you can bet on football matches all around the clock.
- Racing – Kiron has a wide range of racing games, including greyhound and horse racing, NASCAR-style motor racing, trotting/harness racing, single-seater motor racing, steeplechase, etc.
- Virtual Badminton – This is a high-variance skill-based racquet sport delivered in premium-quality graphics and played between opposing players or sets of players.
- Virtual Table Tennis – This fast-paced game of skill is played between 2 players with matches targeting 7 points.
As it was mentioned before, there are many decent virtual sports developers, so finding games shouldn’t be a problem. Virtual sports have become quite popular among casino players and fans of sports betting and offer a fast-paced gambling experience with real money payouts. However, not all websites that host virtual sports are trustworthy. Players should stick to legitimate operators with a valid gambling license, certified fair games, and adequate security measures. Other essential highlights of reputable casinos include generous bonuses, reliable customer support, convenient payment methods, and a mobile-friendly interface. Virtual sports bring a whole new dimension to betting on sports events, and they have already become an essential part of any modern iGaming website nowadays.